January 5 & 6

 On January 5th, we had our first sensory friendly/autism awareness game. We went to the office and worked on making Chuck-A-Pucks and went to help set up the merch stands. This was also the first game I got to work that I got to be the one to check on the tables for the concourse. I got a blueprint style map of which tables were supposed to be where and who was supposed to be at them. It was also my first game doing the seat tags. These are pieces of paper that are taped to the seats in the rink of ticket buyers. They go on single ticket buyers' seats and those who bought the tickets for their group. During this game, the Railers had The Railyard (a room that has tables, chairs, and a bar that gets rented out each game) booked as the "Cool Down" room. I've worked with kids and adults with autism before, so I offered to be stationed there that night. I was introduced to a couple people from the Seven Hills Foundation as they were some of the sponsors for that night. They focus on clinical, educational, and community-based support for those with disabilities and life challenges. I got to sit in the room coloring, doing word searches, and monitoring children playing with fidget toys that they got to take home with them. I got to know a little bit about the kids and one of them paid me 26 cents because I'm "so good at my job".

January 6th had a couple charity games. We did our Chuck-A-Puck work like we do every day, and then moved on to do "security" for these. This included walking around the concourse if people needed help finding a bathroom, especially the family restrooms, and keeping people sitting between the allotted seats because their seats for the Railers game at night were different than those for the charity games. The two games we had were between the Fallen Heroes and the Saints and the Worcester Fire Department and another Saints team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 12-14

March 2 & 3