Skate to Success - January 30

 Today was my first Skate to Success event! Every Tuesday, 1-2 schools from the Worcester area come to the Worcester Ice Center with their fourth graders. The Railers bring in a couple players from the team to come take pictures and sign autographs. Today was Jack Quinlivan and Zsombor Garat. When I got to the Ice Center, I started putting together the folders for the kids to take home with them. They included 2 coloring pages, a word search, a magnetic schedule, a Trax card, and a ticket voucher for a game. As I was doing that, our COO brought his dog, Kelly, in, so I had to take a puppy petting break. After I was done with those, I passed out some of the orange jerseys to the kids. They got their instructions for the day and introduced to the players while I went back to the lobby to start sorting out the skates and learning how to size them - 1 size down from their shoe size for boys and 2 down for girls. I passed out their skates and they went to the locker rooms after they got their helmets from the other guys. We went into the locker rooms and helped them all tie their skates, and I walked a couple kids over to the ice before heading over to the announcer and penalty box. I was in charge of the music, so I had been given an iPad and set up the aux cords. I was DJing to the children falling on the ice. Some of them came up to me a couple times and asked for song requests and I had one kid come off the ice to tuck in his laces for him. When their skate time was up and it was time for the second group to make their way in, we helped the kids undo their skates, and sanitized the skates and helmets. I passed out skates to the next group, and then left because I had to go to class.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 12-14

January 5 & 6

March 2 & 3