February 10

Saturday, February 10th, was our annual Pink in the Rink night! The ice gets painted/dyed pink and this is another night that the players wear special jerseys that get auctioned off at the end of the night. Because of this, we had to print out certificates for each of those jerseys, but the printer in the office is always a little temperamental. I was tasked with sitting at the printer, taking out the cardstock when it got jammed on the right side, replace the paper in the drawer, and take the finished certificate out of the left side when it got jammed there. Then, I'd look at it to see if it was good to go or if it would have to be printed again because of a giant ink line through the middle. If it was good to go, I'd have to immediately delete the job on the printer screen before it tried to print again. I also occasionally had to pull the page out of the front drawer if it got jammed there in the middle of the printing stage. When I was done with that, a couple of us were asked to help put together the mystery puck boxes. It was a little pink box with a pink puck inside that was printed with the Pink in the Rink logo and each puck was autographed by one of a few players. People could buy the box and get a "mystery" signature, not knowing who it would be before getting it. We had another high school game, Westborough vs Algonquin, where I was on security duty. After the game started, me and another girl were doing the seat tags for our game at night. I was having a bit of a struggle throughout the day and night because I had just been diagnosed with a concussion, so the running around in circles made me a little dizzy. I also ended up dropping my phone in the toilet this night, so it was a rough night overall. After the high school game, we helped put up the merch stands quickly and got ourselves set up at our stations. I was at the Chuck-A-Puck table and taught one of the newer interns how to use the Square system. When the night was over, we had to completely break down everything since it was our last game for the month.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 12-14

January 5 & 6

March 2 & 3