Skate to Success - February 6

 This was my second time doing the Skate to Success. When I got to the rink, I set up the orange jerseys all the kids get on the table upstairs to hand them out when they arrived. We had another pair of players come in to talk to the kids and skate around with them. I handed out the kids' skates and helped them tie them up, getting different sizes if needed. Some of the kids have difficulty walking over to the ice in the skates, so I walked a few over. Some of our other front office members will come to the event to skate with the kids or market the team. I got to be the DJ again and took the kids' song requests. There were a couple times that I had to help the kids with their skates or laces throughout their skate time and asked Trax to get one of the guys to come help them out if they had trouble with their helmets because I don't know how to fix those and am unfamiliar with them. I left at 11:30 again so I could get to my class.

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 12-14

January 5 & 6

March 2 & 3