Skate to Success - April 2

 I showed up to the Worcester Ice Center and my first task of the morning was to start assembling folders for the kids. They had two coloring pages and a word search, a Trax card, a pocket schedule of the games for the season, and a free ticket voucher. The tickets were marked for each school, so we had to go through the folders when we were done to make sure that they were in the right school's section. We got to getting the buckets and seals out onto the ice and, surprisingly, the busses were on time/a little bit early. The team had practice during this time, so the kids didn't get to skate with any of the players, but they were able to pull John Copeland before practice started for autographs on their jerseys. I was back on skate sizing as always and helped the kids tie them up. I also have become a pro at helping the kids get their helmets on. I ran back and forth switching out a lot of sizes of skates and helmets this day. I put on some music and took a couple requests from the kids as they skated by. Our COO's dog, Kelly, got her own time to shine on the ice, though I unfortunately do not have any pictures or videos of her sliding around. She came and took a break under one of the benches with us afterwards. We set up lunch and I swept up the floor around the tables a bit because of how dirty they got from the first round of kids. Because the boys were practicing, my boss took them into the second rink where they got to watch them for a few minutes before heading back to their school.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 12-14

January 5 & 6

March 2 & 3